EBGP, IBGP, MPLS, OSPF, LDP, Firewalls, EIGRP, VRF-Lite, GLBP, IPSec VPN, DMVPN Phase 1, 2, and 3, STP, DHCP, IPv6, LAN Switching, HSRP, Cisco VSS, QoS, Multicast, Wireless, Remote Access VPN, Legacy IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS
- Deployed and supported enterprise MPLS VPNs, which included BGP route reflectors for scalability.
- Designed and implemented internet-facing BGP connectivity for both IPv4 and IPv6.
- Designed and implemented remote branch office networks in 68 countries using DMVPN, zone-based firewall, IP SLA, and various other branch office technologies.
- Designed and implemented a global WAN strategy for improving application performance using private connectivity and globally-distributed Points of Presence.
- Designed, tested, and documented network standards for deployment by other network implementation engineers.
- Created basic deployment automation tools using PHP and other open source software.
- Created infrastructure audit tools using PHP, Python, SNMP and REST API's from Cisco Spark, Zscaler, and Meraki.
- Used Ansible to automate lab provisioning tasks.
- Designed and implemented an international video broadcast distribution network using draft-Rosen MVPN.
Communication and Leadership
- Overcame language barriers to resolve network issues at international sites where limited networking expertise was available.
- Trained and mentored junior network operations team members.
- Developed methods for evaluating the technical skills of candidates applying for network engineering roles.
- Worked with internal customers to understand technical and business requirements and produce network design proposals that met those requirements.